Thank you for being part of the ASHHRA community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to ASHHRAExchange@aha.org or via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to review these important guidelines. To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation and
exchange of knowledge. Be courteous and let other community members have
their say. Please refrain from intimidating or attacking other users.
- Keep discussions and comments professional and relevant to the topic at all times.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, title and organization.
- In the subject line, state clearly and concisely the topic of your comments.
only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply.
Delete any header information, and put your response before the original
- Send a message to an entire group or list only when it contains information for everyone’s benefit.
messages such as "Thanks for the information" or "Me, too" to
individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to
Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send
administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use
the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a
- Post your message or documents only to the most
appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries
with the same message.
- ASHHRA reserves all rights to edit or delete posted messages it considers inappropriate, off-topic or self-promotional. ASHHRA may deny access to anyone who violates these rules.
- Use of the site by any member or vendor to sell, advertise, solicit or market any products or services is prohibited. Do not upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials or other such communications. Using the site to promote a product or service may result in immediate termination of access to the site.
- Any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Information posted on the site is subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws. ASHHRA reserves the right to reject any message or posting for any reason.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASHHRA and users of the site a nonexclusive license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. Remember that all users have the right to reproduce postings through the site.
- Do not encourage or direct users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. In accordance with federal antitrust laws and AHA antitrust policy, messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited:
- Prices, rates, discounts or other price-related information;
- Salaries or other compensation information;
- Nonpublic plans for expansion (new facilities, new services);
- Specific customers or classes of customers, or whether you will or will not do business with them;
- Allocation of geographic or service markets;
- Any refusal to deal with a health plan, self-funded employer or supplier;
- How to deal with the market behavior of a competitor; or
- Any other topic involving any possible anticompetitive practice.
- Do not harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of users from the site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other communications. Do not use software or other automated means to collect information from or otherwise interact with the site.
- Do not post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the site any of the following: private information of any third party, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers or financial information; software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; content that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the site or that may expose ASHHRA or other users to harm or liability of any type.
- ASHHRA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason. ASHHRA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
- The content available at this website is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing professional or legal advice. You should contact your attorney or otherwise qualified professional to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of ASHHRA or the AHA.
- To report any concerns, contact ASHHRA at (312) 422-3720 or ASHHRAExchange@aha.org.
This site is provided as a service for the members of ASHHRA. ASHHRA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ASHHRA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ASHHRA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
These guidelines may change at any time. Be sure to review these guidelines periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.